[PSUBS-MAILIST] newbie with no background whatsoever

Alan James alanlindsayjames at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 23 16:13:45 EDT 2013

Welcome along Matt,
I want to endorse what Jon said about Busby's Manned Submersibles.
It really is the best starting point. I read it on line then bought a copy
& are half way through it again. Just start reading it on line & you'll
see what a wealth of knowledge it has. However don't be scared off by it as
it is pretty thourough & some of the subs people build are not so complex.
Also if you can get along to a conference & have a dive in one of these
small submarines you'll be able to formulate ideas about what you want.
You don't need to be able to weld, and a lot of people give the serious
pressure hull welding to professionals.
Cheers Alan