[PSUBS-MAILIST] Kort Nozzle

Jon Wallace jonw at psubs.org
Mon Oct 28 11:16:45 EDT 2013

Hi Joe,

There are a number of enhancements that have been discussed by members
building K-350's.  We'd have to collect those and see what you were
comfortable with committing to.  Scott Waters had a list of
enhancements/changes that he recommended as part of his presentation in
Islamorada.  He can probably communicate those or I can look them up
from his slides.  James Frankland is another person whom had suggestions
for vessel improvements.  I'll see if I can get a list together and then
you can decide if you want to invest time in them.

In regards to the kort nozzle, I believe the design geometry required to
produce the thrust enhancement that has been discussed in this thread
will not survive a hand lapped FRP approach.  Like an airfoil, any
deviation from the design will reduce efficiency. Enough deviation and
you've spent a lot of time and money on nothing more than a glorified
prop guard.  It would make sense to include as part of the kort project
some means of testing the efficiency of the actual product so we could
determine the effectiveness of various production methods.

Jon