[PSUBS-MAILIST] tilting thrusters

Juergen Guerrero Kommritz groplias2 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 14 10:33:31 EDT 2013

Hello

I need some help. I am seaching some information about lateral tilting thrusters as main propulsion for a submarine. Most of the newer subs have fixed vertical or horizantal thrusters. So there must be a big practical reason.  I asume it can be because problems with presure compensating of the motor. If this wasn´t a problem which other problems will have to instal lateral tilting thrusters?
I thanks in advance for any information, ideas ore hints.
Best wishes
Juergen