[PSUBS-MAILIST] tilting thrusters

Alec alecsmyth at gmail.com
Sat Sep 14 11:16:43 EDT 2013

Hi Juergen,

Unless you want to put actuators on the rotating side thrusters, which adds some complexity, K style rotating thrusters take up the pilot's two hands. In addition if fixed side thrusters are angled outwards, you can run them in opposition and you gain a degree of motion the K configuration doesn't have, crabbing sideways. Plus, fixed thrusters means fewer moving parts.

I don't see any difficulty compensating K style thrusters, in fact mine are compensated. But for all the above reasons, my next sub has fixed thrusters.

Best,

Alec