[PSUBS-MAILIST] Trustworthy launch

swaters swaters at waters-ks.com
Mon Sep 16 07:28:23 EDT 2013

My end caps are 3/8 thick. My sub design follows the K-350 almost exactly with the acception of alot of small changes that don't affect the main structure or boancy. The only thing that affects it is the tanks on the outside.
Thanks,
Scott Waters

Sent from my U.S. Cellular© SmartphoneJames Frankland <jamesf at guernseysubmarine.com> wrote:Hi Scott,
Congratulations on your launch!  Sounds like it went well, even if the boat was a bit light.  Gives me an idea of how much weight i need for mine now.

Can you tell me how thick your endcaps are?  Mine are spun and so are 13mm thick at the flange.  This makes them pretty heavy.

I lifted the sub onto the trailer yesterday but the driver couldnt tell me the weight as his gauge only kicked in at 5 tonns.  He described lifting the boat as "like lifting a matchbox".  Not sure if thats good or not..!

Anyway, great to hear your in the water.
Kind Regards
James