[PSUBS-MAILIST] Air conditioner

Phil Nuytten phil at philnuytten.com
Sun Sep 29 22:12:55 EDT 2013

When subbing in hot climes, we use an air conditioner and hose into the hull to keep sub cool until hatch closure – then, if the water temp is high we use multi-pocketed pilot vests with sealed ice packs in the pockets. These are the kind you can refreeze over and over – the smaller ones used for sports injuries work well. We also cover the DeepWorker domes with a reflective cap ( ‘space’ blanket also works) while it sits on deck prior to a dive. We did many months of diving off the south Florida coast in summer (for NOAA ) – it was killer for heat!
Phil