[PSUBS-MAILIST] Gantry lift

Alec Smyth alecsmyth at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 10:01:51 EDT 2014

The one that broke was a 2 ton Harbor Freight. I now use a 3 ton and its
been fine. They also have a 5 ton, which I would suggest for a K350. These
things are cheap and there is little price difference between them, but
the're really heavy and I like taking the hoist down when not needed, to
get all the chain out of the way. If you use a 5 ton, you will probably
want to leave it in place because it weights about 80 lbs. I can reach up
with the 3 ton hoist and click it onto the crane, but it weighs 50 lbs so
is getting near my limit. Which all goes to prove that if you have a K350
instead of a K250, you'll have to spend more time at the gym.

Best,

Alec