[PSUBS-MAILIST] Gantry lift

JimToddPsub at aol.com JimToddPsub at aol.com
Wed Apr 2 11:11:27 EDT 2014

Scott,

For a trolley I would prefer a gear-driven, manual type.  The straight
manual types are too hard to move precisely, and the electrics are expensive
and  unnecessary unless you're frequently handling material.  Here's a link
for  a 3-ton, however if you'll scroll down you'll see a 5-ton for $100 more.
I  agree with Alec and would go for the 5-ton.  Your gantry is  4-ton.
http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200485276_200485276

Harbor Freight has a 5-ton hoist for $140, and Northern Tool's 5-ton hoists
 start at $200.  You're going to have a sweet set-up.

Jim

In a message dated 4/2/2014 9:04:41 A.M. Central Daylight Time,