[PSUBS-MAILIST] Gantry lift

swaters swaters at waters-ks.com
Wed Apr 2 17:53:14 EDT 2014

I didn't think of that. I will put down some plate steel.
Thanks,
Scott Waters

Sent from my U.S. Cellular© SmartphoneJimToddPsub at aol.com wrote:Scott,
It just occurred to me that the load bearing capacity of your floor slab needs to be considered as well.  Each of the four wheels of the gantry has a contact area of not much more than 1 sq. in.  You might need to put something down over the area where the gantry will be when it's under load in order to spread the load out.  Otherwise you might end up with a cracked floor.  It might be a needless concern, but I've seen several instances where slabs have been cracked and distorted.
Jim