[PSUBS-MAILIST] K3000 spherical shell calculations

Sean T. Stevenson cast55 at telus.net
Thu Apr 10 21:05:24 EDT 2014

I haven't actually used the other tools that are available. I wrote the code from scratch on the basis of the equations provided in the ABS rules.  This has allowed me to to error check and verify all of the calculations, make sure they are consistent with the most recent revision of the rules, as well as learn what's going on "under the hood", so to speak.

The interface that I posted screenshots from was never intended as an operating interface - those controls and indicators were just for testing the spherical shell module, although it worked as a standalone program in this instance. I hope to create a fancier GUI for the main application when (if?) I finish it.

I wrote it in LabVIEW, for no reason other than I am familiar with it from my industrial work, and it's easier to debug than C.

Sean