[PSUBS-MAILIST] Commercial

Marc de Piolenc piolenc at archivale.com
Fri Apr 11 21:49:44 EDT 2014

This is exactly what I've been thinking about for years.

Salvage work in particular is still very much a free-for-all, depending
heavily on opportunity, initiative and personal contacts. If you had
your own support vessel, or your sub were big enough to serve as its own
support vessel, the world would be your oyster.

It was Simon Lake's memoirs that got me thinking along these lines. Once
he had the capability, he created his own opportunities by submitting
what amounted to business plans to people with the necessary means to
capitalize the venture. He did the job, collected his share, made sure
his "angels" got the rewards they expected, and moved on. It was Lake's
memoirs, too, that got me thinking in terms of bottom-crawling capability.

Best,
Marc

--
Archivale catalog: http://www.archivale.com/catalog