[PSUBS-MAILIST] concrete

Sean T. Stevenson cast55 at telus.net
Sat Apr 12 09:37:09 EDT 2014

Build a geodesic dome out of rebar, cover it in mesh, and pour a sphere of ultra high strength (no aggregate) fiber reinforced concrete around it, vibrating the hell out of it to eliminate bubbles. The shape might be a bit strange, given that your openings need be reinforced with a pad sufficent to replace the material missing in the opening, and your concrete shell is quite thick. You'd have to build a bunch of them, strain gauge them all, and lower them over the side until failure.

Sean