[PSUBS-MAILIST] new submarine

Sean T. Stevenson cast55 at telus.net
Sat Apr 12 21:10:20 EDT 2014

I just wanted to point out that with a single-rod double-acting
cylinder, the flow out is not equivalent to the flow in for any given
stroke, owing to the unequal areas as a result of the rod on one side.
The only way this would work is to connect head end to head end, rod end
to rod end, in which case the direction of stroke would be reversed.
Alternatively, a cylinder with a rod on each side would eliminate both
that problem and the pressure compensation problem.

Sean