[PSUBS-MAILIST] K3000 spherical shell calculations

Personal Submersibles General Discussion personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Apr 16 13:09:19 EDT 2014

True, Hank, and Sean alluded to that consideration.  Same  applies to the
CT/hatch. I was limiting my comments to the basics to  avoid getting into
that as well as several others not mentioned which would have  to be addressed
later.  Good observation though, and it is big  "detail" such as I was
referencing in the last paragraph of my post.   For now I only addressed how to
calculate volume of two basic shapes  in order to get a general idea of
displacement and  resultant weight.  Also the length of the cylinder as specified
by Les  might already include the tank head whether hemispherical or other.
 I  didn't ask because I just wanted to give him the tools and so he  could
run his own basic calcs.  I have some questions of my own to ask  later.

Jim.

In a message dated 4/16/2014 11:41:59 A.M. Central Daylight Time,