[PSUBS-MAILIST] Aluminum Welding Technique Question

Wed Apr 23 10:32:16 EDT 2014

Hi All,
I was going to write my 2 pence worth (UK version) in reply to this, but im
just going to attach a sheet i wrote which covers all i was going to say.
I know there are a lot of expert welders on the forum, so this is just my
personal take on it.  I can get good results most times. Personally, i
dislike the "balled electrode" thinking.  It will ball to a certain extent
of course, but I dont like it to become bigger than the diameter of the
electrode.  With correct frequency and as little cleaning as you can get
away with, i can keep the ball small and arc tight.  The only thing not on
this sheet is that torch angle is important.  As near to straight up and
down as possible, this prevents the rod turning into a sausage before you
get it into the pool.

Just my 2p.
Kind Regards
James F

On 23 April 2014 01:01, Steve McQueen via Personal_Submersibles <