[PSUBS-MAILIST] scuba reg problem

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sun Aug 3 19:13:35 EDT 2014

It is a Sherwood regulator, so  I can assume it is normal .  I will only turn it on in the event of a smoke filled sub.
Thanks

Hank

On Sunday, August 3, 2014 5:26:06 PM, Sean T. Stevenson via Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles at psubs.org> wrote:

The exception to this would be if the reg is a Sherwood. Sherwood first stages use a dry air bleed system which constantly vents a miniscule amount of gas, instead of allowing seawater into the balance chamber. While this works, it makes it difficult to distinguish the bleed from a problematic leak.
Sean

On August 3, 2014 3:25:13 PM CDT, Alan via Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles at psubs.org> wrote:
Hi Hank,
>the little non threaded holes are usually to let water pressure in to balance
>the regulator to maintain your 130psi above ambient.
>It sounds like o-rings or valve seat. Nothing should be leaking out of it.
>It won't hurt if it's not much & you can get it serviced.
>Alan
>
>Sent from my iPad
>
>On 4/08/2014, at 7:11 am, hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles at psubs.org> wrote:
>

>Help
>>I bought a scuba regulator set for emergency breathing.  When I pressurize the system, the first stage regulator is venting out a small vent on the side of the regulator.  The vent hole has no threads, so I assume! it is a
vent.  The amount of air is very slight, is this thing screwed.  It works fine otherwise