[PSUBS-MAILIST] MK-101 Connectors

Jon Wallace via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon Aug 4 17:34:46 EDT 2014

I don't think the HPBH4 is practical unless our discounted price is less
than what a two-pin connector (100 amp or better) would cost someplace
else.  I'm surprised SubConn has a four-pin that can handle 200amps but
not a two-pin that can handle 100 amps.  I have asked them to give me a
price on producing a two-pin 100amp connector and we can compare that
price against a competitor's product.

I only suggested SubConn because of the significant discount they
provide us but I agree that if we can't find a product that works well
for us then we need to seek out other resources.  However, I'm also not
sure we've agreed to a "standard" yet and I think we should do that
first.  We should agree to a specification. Bulkhead with adapter, cable
with potting, cable with globe, or something else.  Male on motor,
female on motor?  Number of pins, amps-per-pin, total amps per
connector?  And is that rating in water or air?

Jon