[PSUBS-MAILIST] Propeller

Alan James via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Dec 3 16:24:53 EST 2014

I put some specs through an online propeller calculator,& I am told I need a 6" prop with a 3" pitch to match my 2 hp motor that revs at 3000rpm. I checked on other calculators & they also indicate around this size & pitch.With a kort nozzle there would be more load on the motor so maybe an even smaller propelleror pitch is required.Best I can find is a Yamaha 2hp 7&1/4" plastic prop with 4" pitch.I am wanting to experiment with a few props around this size & will probably reduce theirdiameter to see what effect it has.Any suggestions for an off the shelf prop that might be suitable, or advice?Alan