[PSUBS-MAILIST] gyroscope compass

kocpnt tds.net via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon Dec 8 19:05:22 EST 2014

I know that I'm a bit late ton the discussion. Alec is right, almost all
aircraft gyros are driven by vacuum. The electricly driven ones are newer
and more expensive. Carsten is correct, they will precess from 1 to 3
degrees per hour and you need to set heading before diving. Mine was about
$850 US used but only two years old.

Best Regards,

My two cents!

Jim K

On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 12:28 PM, hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles <