[PSUBS-MAILIST] Submarine Escape Immersion Equipment (SEIE) MK-10

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sun Dec 28 06:12:14 EST 2014

Brian, I can get into  the stinke hood inside the sub.    The stinke hood is not as cumbersome as the suit you showed us.  The stinke hood only goes to your waist.  I think the hood apparatus may be problematic since it can not be inflated inside the sub.  You might be able to in the K subs with their giant 26 inch hatches.  We would need a long whip hose to inflate outside the sub, in total darkness and freezing cold and scared :-).  I will need to get this figured out as I reach depths beyond a divers reach to untangle my sub.  Silvercrest Submarines sells the escape suit your looking at, or at least something similar.