[PSUBS-MAILIST] Motor Controller Ribbon Cable

James Frankland jamesf at guernseysubmarine.com
Tue Feb 4 05:31:05 EST 2014

Hi All,

Does anyone have any experience in cutting\re-joining thin ribbon type
cable.  I'm going to modify my motor controllers so that the buttons are on
the handles like they should be.  Where they are at the moment its awkward
to steer and operate the power at the same time.  Ideally i'd like to cut
the ribbon cable and extend it so i can have the pots on the handles.  But
im not sure if I cut the cable, i'll be able to get them back together.

Its the 3 white ribbon cables in this picture, with the blue pots on the
end.  I want to extend these to the handles.

http://www.guernseysubmarine.com/extended_files/Page18279.htm

Also looks like Jim K has done a similar thing on Guppy.  Last pictures on
his page.

http://www.psubs.org/projects/1234567814/bionicguppy/

Anyone cut these type of cables and got them back together?

Kind Regards
James