[PSUBS-MAILIST] Manipulators

brian brian at ojaivalleybeefarm.com
Fri Feb 7 10:39:09 EST 2014

Thanks Jon,   can't wait to try out a proto type.  Seems like even if a drill was mechanically reversed the polarity would still change the motor direction.  They've come a long way with these cordless drills, some of them have tremendous torque for a cordless.  I would need to turn my front flaps about 90 degrees total ( 45 up and 45 down).  I'm trying to keep the profile down so I don't have protrusions that will cause turbulence or catch seaweed.
     Also if I run a pair of , say 14 gage wire to the front of my sub ( a distance of about 15 feet) what is the preferred method of running outside wire?  Is there off the shelf underwater wire now ?   I remember the oil filled method with vinyl tubing but I assume there may be a newer method.
Brian