[PSUBS-MAILIST] Non developable surfaces

Marc de Piolenc piolenc at archivale.com
Sat Feb 15 19:49:22 EST 2014

It can't be too difficult. Compound-curved Plexiglas (British: Perspex)
cockpit canopies have been made for decades, and the full-surround
"bubble" cockpit of the Bell 47 helicopter dates to the late 1940s. The
problems we run into with acrylic pressure hulls are caused by thickness
and the consequent need to use casting technique instead of blowing, but
that's not going to be a problem for you in making a transparent ballast
tank shell.

Do you want me to dig into the aeronautical literature?

Marc de Piolenc
Aero-geek

--
Archivale catalog: http://www.archivale.com/catalog