[PSUBS-MAILIST] Compass Choice

Jon Wallace jon.wallace at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 14 17:00:01 EST 2014

Alan,

I am aware of that one as well.  They have a model that talks "serial" which means it could interface with a microprocessor like the arduino.

Any three axis tilt compensated IC compass will also provide yaw, pitch, and roll in addition to compass readings.  Scott Waters was lucky enough to pick up one of the last HMC models from Honeywell which I coded up for him.  Honeywell is no longer making that particular model but it was highly accurate and only cost $150 with the breakout board.  Remaining Honeywell models are in the near $400 (US) price range.

Jon