[PSUBS-MAILIST] Diver propulsion vehicle project

Jon Eide Pettersen jon at pettersen-prod.com
Thu Jan 23 16:24:11 EST 2014

Vance,
The motor and controller was 244$ including shipping, duct and shroud
was around 200$ including shipping and import fee. Magnets, bearings and
sensors were around 100$ in total I think. Batteries will be around
125$, and I spent 80$ on delrin. The tube which is the main body was
kindly donated from a business that liked my project, and the aluminium
stock I was lucky have left over from a previous project. Keep in mind
that Norway is quite expensive so some of the parts are propably cheaper
elsewhere. Anyway, I think a total of 750$ sounds right.

The motor is probably intented for some kind of industrial use, as it is
very heavy and thick-walled. Here is a thread from endless-sphere with
some pics and testing of the 800w edition:
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=45443&sid=c3f78cf1221ba9251d90820d229764e1

- Jon