[PSUBS-MAILIST] Manipulators

hank pronk hanker_20032000 at yahoo.ca
Sun Jan 26 19:15:11 EST 2014

Vance,
I got nothing against domes, :-)  just the cost of them and really they don't shine until you go very deep.  You can't beat the cool factor of the dome,  unfortunately the average garage submarine builder will not peer through one. Also the garage sub guy will not have a ship or barge to launch a sub with domes.    I think you could build a Gamma type sub for 300 feet for a pretty reasonable price.  The geniuses in the Nekton subs is the simple construction and yet it is so robust.  The design can be simplified further yet to reduce the cost.
Hank