[PSUBS-MAILIST] Wheels.

Jon Wallace via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Jul 15 10:02:11 EDT 2014

Same thing happened to me with the port forward thruster on the K600.
See picture here...
http://www.subdb.info/database/vessels//1320788990/photos/1331771748/640/1323717221.jpg

The motor was rotating fine when I picked up the submarine, and for
weeks afterwards.  When I started stripping the sub I discovered it had
frozen in place.  I could only turn it about 1/8 turn back and forth
using a crowbar.  I had to pound it out from inside the sub using a
sledge hammer and even that took a couple of hours.  In my case, I am
not reusing the original motors and will be sealing the thru-hull so the
score marks don't matter.

How much weight are each of those wheels rated for?

Jon