[PSUBS-MAILIST] email issues

Marc de Piolenc via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Jul 17 22:27:44 EDT 2014

Yahoo is clearly trying to shed Groups, and has been for some time. If
you don't believe me, try finding Groups from the main Yahoo web page.
You can, but it will take awhile. So leaving Yahoo is a no-brainer - if
we don't leave it, it will eventually leave us. But Yahoo is not the
only email group host, and I for one would love to see suggestions for
transferring to another host - one which actually wants to continue as a
group host - rather than retreating to a Web-based forum. I know from my
experience with other interest groups which migrated to the Web that I
was not able to find the time to keep up with this group that way, and I
would regret effectively losing access to this group, too. Also, I am
the "owner" of some lists on Yahoo myself, and any alternate host
suitable for this group would likely be a good destination for migrating
"my" groups as well.

Best,
Marc de Piolenc

--