[PSUBS-MAILIST] Trim weight

via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri Jun 13 09:26:35 EDT 2014

James and Scott,

I had planned to have the weight tray inside the hull with a  screw drive
such as on a garage door opener driven by an electric motor in order  to
adjust the trim.  I think Cliff has something similar on the  R300.

However I've almost abandoned the movable tray  idea in favor of something
more like Scott's egg  carton.  Once the initial test dives establish the
proper trim, there  shouldn't be a lot of need to reposition the weight unless
I add  equipment.  I have tandem seating so [Human+Lead] in each seat
should remain constant no matter the weight of the pilot or  passenger.  In the
K-350 where they could swap positions while underway,  there might be more
need to move the trim weights.   When you  change passengers and/or pilots
you might have to add or subtract weights, so  it's more convenient to have
the tray inside the hull.

Cheers,
Jim

In a message dated 6/13/2014 3:59:02 A.M. Central Daylight Time,