[PSUBS-MAILIST] Bellingham-Vancouver Schedule, Aug 21-24, 2014

via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sat Jun 14 19:22:04 EDT 2014

BELLINGHAM-VANCOUVER  SESSION SCHEDULE
at
Best  Western Plus, Lakeway Inn and Convention Center
714  Lakeway Drive, Bellingham, WA 98229.  Phone 360-671-1011
http://www.thelakewayinn.com/   The hotel will provide vouchers for
breakfast each morning in the hotel café upon check-in.
PSUBS convention registration is  available at
http://psubs.org/convention/2014/
Thursday,  August 21st:  Meet & Greet beginning at 4:00 in  Poppe’s Pub
within Lakeway Inn & Conference Center.  Appetizers provided by PSUBS;
attendees  are responsible for their own drinks.  At the Muskegon convention the
Meet & Greet morphed into dinner at  the same location.  I expect the  same at
Bellingham.
Friday,  August 22nd:  Breakfast by order at The Oboe Café  within Lakeway
Inn.  Dive day.  The start and stop times for dive  operations are dependent
on the weather.  We also have a meeting room available at  our hotel for
tech sessions to the extent time allows.  The tech sessions will fit in before
 and/or after dive operations and will focus on updates by sub builders and
open  forum Q&A.   Dinner at a restaurant within walking  distance of
Lakeway Inn.
Saturday,  August 23rd:  Breakfast at The Oboe Café.  Depart no later than
8:30 a.m. for  Nuytco Research, Ltd. at 216 East Esplanade, North Vancouver,
BC.  Our time at Nuytco is scheduled from  10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. with
lunch at a pub nearby at each member’s expense.  This is our mega-tech session
for the  conference.  This is a fantastic  opportunity for an up-close look
at the latest technology and systems at  Nuytco’s expanded facility.
http://nuytco.com/
Extra  event:  The  Vancouver Aquarium and Marine Science Center is
directly on our route and about  15 minutes away when we depart Nuytco.  We have
the opportunity to tour it until it closes at 6:00 sharp.
http://www.vanaqua.org/   Bellingham is one hour south of the  Vancouver Aquarium.  The group
(as  well as individuals) can decide to then have dinner at Whitespot Café in
 Vancouver, have dinner in Bellingham at a restaurant within walking
distance of  Lakeway Inn, or opt out of the visit to the Aquarium.
Sunday,  August 24th:  Breakfast at The Oboe Cafe.  Checkout time is 12:00
noon.  Many will be departing at various times that morning.  Some attendees
are planning to stay over  for an extra day.  For those who are  interested
we can have a meeting room after breakfast for an open session and  Q&A.
At  the Muskegon convention our original dive day got rained out, and we
held the  dive day on Sunday instead.  A large  number of attendees checked
out of the hotel but delayed their departures until  later in the day.  Some
had earlier  flights and had to leave as scheduled.  We have scheduled
Bellingham at the driest time of the year, however we  are making every effort to
be ready to flex the schedule in response to  weather.  One thing that will
not  vary is the Saturday session at Nuytco.  We all owe Phil a great debt
of thanks and appreciation for hosting this  day-long event.