[PSUBS-MAILIST] Rolled steel

Hugh Fulton via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed Jun 18 16:39:02 EDT 2014

Hi Scott,

Dan has said it all.  I wanted something different but here is my trail.  I thought I would have it done and dusted inside of 2 years.  I have been designing and building pressure vessels for 30 odd years however I knew enough to know that I still had a lot to learn.  I bought a full set of K350 plans to get inside the head of Kittredge.  I then did about 20 different design concepts.  When I finished the shell design I wanted, I got a professional Engineer with Sub experience and who teaches FEA (Predictive Engineering) to do an FEA on mine to ABS standard.  Cost me over $10,000. But he found some problems which we rectified. 5 years later still not finished.  I bought an old one and did it up to learn further.  I also compiled a hell of a lot of info off P-Subs gurus.  Anything less is not advisable.  Best of luck and enjoy the ride.  Hugh