[PSUBS-MAILIST] Hydraulic Ram Advice?

via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Jun 24 10:32:27 EDT 2014

James,
We have people over here that could help you with that:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlVyayjS8ek
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLKnhW1M04U
Jim

In a message dated 6/24/2014 8:40:22 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
personal_submersibles at psubs.org writes:

Hi Jim,
Thanks for that.  Im probably going to keep it simple and go with  Grahams
idea of jockey wheels.  But, im still interested in knowing more  about
vehicle hydraulics as its something i know little about.  Will  almost certainly
need it for my next sub project.
Many thanks
Nanmes

On 24 June 2014 12:34, kocpnt _tds.net_ (http://tds.net/)  via
Personal_Submersibles <_personal_submersibles at psubs.org_
(mailto:personal_submersibles at psubs.org) > wrote:

Hi James,

If still interested in hydraulic power look at _www.surpluscenter.com_
(http://www.surpluscenter.com/) . They have all in one 12 volt power  packs that
include a motor and hydraulic pump and resevoir. They also have a  wide
range of hydraulic cylinders.

I have used them many times. Great people.

Best Regards,

Jim Kocourek

On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 5:30 AM, James Frankland via  Personal_Submersibles
<_personal_submersibles at psubs.org_ (mailto:personal_submersibles at psubs.org)
> wrote:

yes,  thats not a bad idea Graham.  I'll make the ramps this weekend and
see how high i need to jack up the trailer, not much i dont think.   Jockey
wheels would probably be ok.

On 24 June 2014 11:16, Graham Bayliss via Personal_Submersibles
<_personal_submersibles at psubs.org_ (mailto:personal_submersibles at psubs.org) >  wrote:

Hi  James
Why  complicate matters with hydraulic rams if you lift the front of the
trailer what is going to hold the weight of the sub and trailer I will  be
using the natural fall of the ramp to lower the sub down the slip.  Save your
money if you still want to lift the font of the trailer use  large jockey
wheels and just raise the trailer by turning the  handle my trailer jockey
wheel lifts about twelve  inches.
Regards
Graham