[PSUBS-MAILIST] Trustworthy Dive Report

Tue May 6 11:53:39 EDT 2014

Just a reminder of the ABS requirements for life support parameter monitoring:

1) Oxygen % by volume, corrected to STP. Operating Range 18% to 23%.

2) Carbon Dioxide % by volume, corrected to STP. Operating Range 0% to 0.5%.

3) Cabin % relative humidity. Operating Range (recommended) 30% to 70%.

Temperature isn't specifically listed, but it's not a bad idea as it is easy to do. Components need to be specified to 40° C, and the temperature affects the % RH. Plus, human comfort comes into play. As % RH increases, so does the required temperature for the same reported level of comfort.

Sean