[PSUBS-MAILIST] German mini sub

"Carsten Standfuß " via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Wed May 7 17:00:00 EDT 2014

Alec this is maybe a German..

And was original a mine hunter bouy (Tiefendrachen or Scherschwimmer)
from the 60-70ies - some of them have this kind of boltet skegs/fins.
To easy remove damage fins.

http://www.7tes-msg.de/museumsschiff/dresden-april-2009/raeum-1.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/56/Lindau-Klasse_Heck_mit_Winden.JPG

Clear the sub was not a navy device - the interior outfitting indicate
in all details a low level private build.

vbr Carsten

"Alec Smyth via Personal_Submersibles" <personal_submersibles at psubs.org>
schrieb:
A very pretty design as well. I like the purity of that teardrop shape,
which seems so hard to fabricate. Very odd to have what apparently is a
second motor in the bow, although missing a prop now. But taking a
second look I notice the rivets visible at the stern, plus the snorkel.
Hmmm... maybe this thing is real after all.

On Wed, May 7, 2014 at 3:05 PM, Douglas Suhr via Personal_Submersibles