[PSUBS-MAILIST] Trustworthy Test #2

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sun May 11 19:49:14 EDT 2014

Scott,
First dives are all about trouble shooting, that is normal.  Sounds like you are doing very well. Well done!

 Subject: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Trustworthy Test #2
 To: personal_submersibles at psubs.org

 Hey
 guys,We took Trustworthy out for another test
 yesterday. This time the goals were:*Deeper
 diving*GPS/Sonar testing*endurance of
 motor testing*life support
 testing*lights not leaking try two
 We made three longer dives with a max of 43 feet
 and had a great time except viability was zero. The GPS
 worked flawlessly! The sonar is still having problems. I
 will continue to figure out the problem. Hopefully have it
 fixed by the West Virginia trip. I traked my max speed with
 the GPS at 3.2mph. After motoring for a solid mile I
 switched battery banks and my main motor cut out. Not sure
 the problem yet, but another thing to fix. Life support
 worked flawlessly! I originally thought I wanted to redo my
 life support system to a computer, but my simple design
 works way better than expeceted. I ran with only one
 scrubber and it had no problem keeping up with 2 people. I
 have decided to keep my system the way it is. As for my
 light housing leaking, yea... I am going to just make new
 hosuings after the West Virgina trip. All and all very
 sucsessful. These tests are important to work out the
 kinks.Thanks,Scott Waters

 Sent
 from my U.S. Cellular© Smartphone

 -----Inline Attachment Follows-----