[PSUBS-MAILIST] Trustworthy Test #2

swaters via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon May 12 01:34:11 EDT 2014

Thanks for the info Alec. My motors are 36V and run off a different bank than everything else. The wires to the transponder were cut and fed through a subconn. I will see if I can isolate the problem before West Virgina.
Do you have a waiver that people sign to take rides in your sub? I need to make up something before I go.
Thanks,
Scott Waters

Sent from my U.S. Cellular© SmartphonePrivate via Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles at psubs.org> wrote:Hi Scott,

Concerning the sonar, I'd suggest looking at two possibilities. The first is a separate battery for the sonar, because if it goes off the same battery as everything else you may have a case of electrical noise - in particular if you have PWM speed controllers as those I think can be noisy. Second, look at whether the through-hull for the transducer could be picking up noise. Did you connect the cable shield (mesh) through one of the pins? That would be good.

For the lights, it sounds like it might be time to get a big tube of RTV do a temporary seal from the outside, then a proper fix after Summersville.

Best,

Alec