[PSUBS-MAILIST] Humminbird 360

Emile van Essen via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu May 22 16:28:58 EDT 2014

I heard that the 360 needs GPS data. Is that true??

Also not okay for underwater use.

Emile

  _____

Van: Personal_Submersibles [mailto:personal_submersibles-bounces at psubs.org]
Namens swaters via Personal_Submersibles
Verzonden: donderdag 22 mei 2014 20:57
Aan: personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Onderwerp: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Humminbird 360

Guys,

I spent some time talking to humminbird about their 360 sonar. A word of
caution it is NOT a solid unit and filled with air unlike the regular
transducers that are a solid unit. I believe this means it would crush under
presure. They said it has a 30' depth rating. I about bought one to upgrade
my humminbird 898c. Just wanted to make sure no one made a $1500 purchase
not knowing this.

Thanks,

Scott Waters

Sent from my U.S. CellularC Smartphone