[PSUBS-MAILIST] (no subject)

Graham Bayliss via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Oct 30 06:26:25 EDT 2014

Hi

I had a problem geting a penetrator to take my thirty six volt cabling I asked for a quote for cable which was 175 amps rated and got a reply of over two thousand pounds in the end I made my own by buying a stainless flexible pipe and threaded the cable through this worked and my motor runs fine. I am using a LMC motor rated for 12 to 72 volts this is a small compact motor which produces a lot of power.

Re4gards

Graham

From: Personal_Submersibles [mailto:personal_submersibles-bounces at psubs.org] On Behalf Of Alan James via Personal_Submersibles
Sent: 30 October 2014 09:26
To: Personal Submersibles General Discussion
Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] (no subject)

Hi Tim,

I am trying to make up my own brushless thruster.

About 90% of the thruster manufacturers use brushless motors,

however the cheapest price I've found is about $3,500 for thruster

kort nozzle & controller. This seems axcessive as I can buy a 1500W

brushless motor & controller for round $100-. It's just a matter of tracking down

the right motor. I am trying to find something around 1500W but with revs of less than

3000 rpm. Adding a gear box to get the propeller shaft revs down is an option I

am hoping to avoid.

Also the voltage needs to be up near 48V to reduce the amps.

There seems to be a problem getting hold of ready made electrial penetraters

suitable for high amps.

Cheers Alan

  _____