[PSUBS-MAILIST] UW 5 person submarine

Alec Smyth via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Apr 2 09:05:24 EDT 2015

That isn't a K350, its Antipodes, which is a highly modified Perry boat.
BTW I loved the fact someone just took the plunge to design and build a new
sub that is not a toy for millionaires, that's great news in and of itself.
And a very interesting boat too. First thing that jumped out at me is the
lack of battery pods. Perhaps we're seeing the first sub built for the
newer and very energy dense batteries? The other thing I'm curious about is
the diminutive coning tower. I wonder if they can get sufficient freeboard
with that? I'm wondering how much VBT they've got considering five people
aboard, that's a lot of variation. And finally the PS3 controls... Alan
scooped them on that one, he should charge royalties!

Best,

Alec

On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 8:58 PM, Pete Niedermayr via Personal_Submersibles <