[PSUBS-MAILIST] UW 5 person submarine

Pete Niedermayr via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri Apr 3 18:16:58 EDT 2015

Yeah I saw Antipodes and I saw Lula in other videos. There is a K350 in the video.
On Thu, 4/2/15, Alec Smyth via Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles at psubs.org> wrote:

 Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] UW 5 person submarine
 To: "Personal Submersibles General Discussion" <personal_submersibles at psubs.org>
 Date: Thursday, April 2, 2015, 8:05 AM

 That
 isn't a K350, its Antipodes, which is a highly modified
 Perry boat. BTW I loved the fact someone just took the
 plunge to design and build a new sub that is not a toy for
 millionaires, that's great news in and of itself. And a
 very interesting boat too. First thing that jumped out at me
 is the lack of battery pods. Perhaps we're seeing the
 first sub built for the newer and very energy dense
 batteries? The other thing I'm curious about is the
 diminutive coning tower. I wonder if they can get sufficient
 freeboard with that? I'm wondering how much VBT
 they've got considering five people aboard, that's a
 lot of variation. And finally the PS3 controls... Alan
 scooped them on that one, he should charge
 royalties!
 Best,
 Alec
 On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 8:58