[PSUBS-MAILIST] minn-kota cabling to hull

Thu Apr 23 11:32:22 EDT 2015

Hi jon,
II found some pics.  First one is of how I potted the join from the sub con
bulkhead connector.  This is for the lights but the motor is the same.  The
wires are soldered and insulated.  Then the rubber pipe slid over the top
and the whole thing filled with epoxy.  I said it was basic.

Also a pic of a possible rotating through hull seal.  I didn't use this in
the end as I couldn't get the cable onto the copper pins.  If I had made
flat connectors so I could push them on, it would have worked,  I just got
fed up and potted it, but I think this idea maybe has merit.  Not sure if
the oil inside the through hull would affect the blue globe.  Would need
testing.

​
​

On 22 April 2015 at 19:02, Emile van Essen via Personal_Submersibles <