[PSUBS-MAILIST] Environment and Control software

Alan James via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon Aug 10 20:23:25 EDT 2015

Lasse,in the ABS rules for classing & building underwater vehicles etc.Section 9, piping systems & mechanical equipment. TABLE 1Color Codes for Piping and Gas Storage BottlesName Designation ColorOxygen O2 Dark GreenNitrogen N Light GrayAir (Low Pressure) ALP BlackAir (High Pressure) AHP BlackHelium He BuffHelium-Oxygen Mix He-O2 Buff and Dark GreenExhaust E Silver.
Sorry the copy & paste didn't turn out well, the above was in a table form.It also says that other color codes can be used. It doesn't talk about the valvesthemselves, but these would be required to be labeled.I am sure DNVGL would have similar in their piping section.Alan