[PSUBS-MAILIST] (no subject)

Jon Wallace via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri Aug 28 08:52:27 EDT 2015

I like the autopilot feature for depth control, but one little nit that
may mess things up from an observation perspective is the accuracy of
the pressure gauge.  It looks like I'm going to have an overall  +/- 6
feet accuracy based upon full scale accuracy on a 500 psi sensor.  So
relying on the microprocessor to maintain depth means a potential 6 foot
vertical drift in either direction.  Operationally not an issue but if
your observing something and need to stay still to capture photo or
video you may still need to provide manual input if not perfectly buoyant.

Jon