[PSUBS-MAILIST] Fw: deep diver port frame

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Dec 8 23:24:34 EST 2015

Alan,Use you scuba tank for hp air in the chamber, easy as pie.  If the chamber is full of water it will take barley any air.Hank

    On Tuesday, December 8, 2015 9:14 PM, Alan James via Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles at psubs.org> wrote:

 Hank,good to hear it's not cold yet. We are heading in to summer.I have just recently recieved an adapter plate from China so I can fit a larger chuck onto fit the aluminum bar I am turning the motor housing out of. Have been having a lot of problemsboring out the inside & I won't be doing it this way next time. A better way may be to machine the front portionwith the recesses for the bearing & seal, & weld on a section of alluminium tube. However it is just a prototypeso I can test how the motor performs. Meanwhile I have had a pressure testing cylinder made up & are testing my led emitters.Am running it off a small waterblaster that operates at a maximum of 1500psi. The problem is thatwhen you take your finger off the trigger on a water blaster, the back pressure turns it off.I turn the water blaster on & quickly turn the valve off on the pressure cylinder to entrap thepressure before it turns off. A bit Mickey Mouse & the pressure hits maximum in seconds, so it is impossible to get any increment of pressure below 1500psi.Any suggestions on an alternative pump? I have seen hand pumps used for this.Some good news... my 80W led emitter that I had doubts about, survived 1500psi. More testing to do though.Alan