[PSUBS-MAILIST] Fw: deep diver port frame

Alan James via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Tue Dec 8 23:11:13 EST 2015

Hank,good to hear it's not cold yet. We are heading in to summer.I have just recently recieved an adapter plate from China so I can fit a larger chuck onto fit the aluminum bar I am turning the motor housing out of. Have been having a lot of problemsboring out the inside & I won't be doing it this way next time. A better way may be to machine the front portionwith the recesses for the bearing & seal, & weld on a section of alluminium tube. However it is just a prototypeso I can test how the motor performs. Meanwhile I have had a pressure testing cylinder made up & are testing my led emitters.Am running it off a small waterblaster that operates at a maximum of 1500psi. The problem is thatwhen you take your finger off the trigger on a water blaster, the back pressure turns it off.I turn the water blaster on & quickly turn the valve off on the pressure cylinder to entrap thepressure before it turns off. A bit Mickey Mouse & the pressure hits maximum in seconds, so it is impossible to get any increment of pressure below 1500psi.Any suggestions on an alternative pump? I have seen hand pumps used for this.Some good news... my 80W led emitter that I had doubts about, survived 1500psi. More testing to do though.Alan