[PSUBS-MAILIST] ROV opportunity

Pete Niedermayr via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sat Dec 19 19:38:39 EST 2015

These thrusters are interesting in that they are made with stainless/ plastic and aluminum. they are open to the water and water actually runs thru them and cools them.  They claim that they can even handle some amount of sand particles in the water.  They are very small but perfect for ROV use.

Could this be done with thruster sized motors.I saw Doug Jackson doing the same thing with his ROV motors.

Pete

On Fri, 12/18/15, Douglas Suhr via Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles at psubs.org> wrote:

 Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] ROV opportunity
 To: "Personal Submersibles General Discussion" <personal_submersibles at psubs.org>
 Date: Friday, December 18, 2015, 6:16 PM

 Sounds
 like a cool opportunity if you've got the willingness
 and time Brian. This past summer dad and I were on the hunt
 for a missing outboard motor on a Canadian lake. We had a
 camera but no ROV. We actually ended up cutting a 15 foot
 sapling to use as a camera pole. Depth was only 17 − 20
 feet so the sapling worked pretty well as a camera handle
 from the boat (and we found the motor), but a controllable
 ROV would have made things much easier.
 It looks like those guys make some
 nice parts for ROV projects. The technical (software) aspect
 scares me a bit, but that's only because I am
 electronically challenged. ~ Douglas S.
 On Fri, Dec 18, 2015 at
 11:30 AM, Brian Cox via Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles at psubs.org>