[PSUBS-MAILIST] Hull Calc: 78" spheres

hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Fri Jan 9 21:52:32 EST 2015

I was able to correct it, and you are right, I was not clear enough.  I assumed, and that is a mistake.
EE is still awesome.
Hank  --------------------------------------------
On Fri, 1/9/15, Sean T. Stevenson via Personal_Submersibles <personal_submersibles at psubs.org> wrote:

 Subject: Re: [PSUBS-MAILIST] Hull Calc:  78" spheres
 To: "Personal Submersibles General Discussion" <personal_submersibles at psubs.org>

 Yeah, you really need to cross your t's and
 dot your i's when tendering a bid or ordering a part to
 specification. Anything not explicitly spelled out is
 subject to interpretation or disregard.  I always create
 completely dimensioned and toleranced engineering drawings
 for this purpose, in addition to material specifications and
 test performance requirements, and make clear that if the
 part doesn't pass QC, the supplier is responsible for
 correcting the problem. I get such an agreement signed. Of
 course, I have the benefit of having been doing this
 professionally for years. Strict hobbyists cannot be
 expected to be as informed.
 That said, I would take the required
 tolerances, roundness, test procedures and so forth right
 out of the guides, and present this when getting quotes so
 that I get the true cost for what I need, and discover right
 away if it is not within a supplier's capabilities.
 How did your dome turn out? Were you able to
 correct it?
 Sean

 On January 9, 2015 7:29:44
 PM MST, hank pronk via Personal_Submersibles
 <personal_submersibles at psubs.org> wrote:

 Sean,
 EE did my parts and my dome was quite bent when
 sitting on the bench.  They told me too bad, it is within
 ASME specs.