[PSUBS-MAILIST] Brushless motor

Alan James via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Sun Jan 11 20:01:59 EST 2015

Hi,not sure who I am talking to, but the brushless motors put out a lot lesselectronic noise, so less interferance with sensitive equipment.They don't wear out as quickly, as they don't have brushes, & you get more power for the same size unit. About 7 out of 8 thruster manufacturers use BLDC motors.There are a host of cheap motors at "Hobby King" With 785 Watt motors for $25-http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__522__517__Electric_Motors-45_to_50mm.htmlYou need an esc (electronic speed controller ) which costs about $50-.The escs normally work off a receiver sending them commands from the remote control transmitter.However there are control units you can buy that are wired straight to the esc.I  am experimenting with BLDC motors at the moment & are wanting to make up a thruster.Alan