[PSUBS-MAILIST] Brushless motor

via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Mon Jan 12 01:07:22 EST 2015

Alan,

Thank you for your reply.  My name is Bob Travis.  I don't know how to make my name show up on my emails like the rest of the group and I apologize for not signing my question.  I have watched the threads for years now and I met some of you at the Psubs convention in Washington this last year (I was the one that no one was expecting).  But for the most part, I have just watched, read and attempted to learn.

A little background...  I started dreaming about a sub in 2005.  My wife (aka.. the read head) gave me permission to proceed, but of course, has occasionally put up some road blocks which has delayed things a bit.  I started the actual construction a little over 5 years ago.  I have studied Trustworthy, Persistence and Guernsey Submarine as well as snoopy and some of the other boats on the site and have gained great a great bit of knowledge and direction.  I have also learned an amazing amount from reading the threads from the group.

About me...  I am the quiet one that sits in the back of the class not wanting any attention. I have a huge problem with putting myself out there.  I live in Eastern Washington and I am building a K-350...... and, because of the above, have not posted my project pictures on the site.  I keep thinking that I am going to do this but I just haven't taken the time (or built up the nerve).  I am a pencil pusher.  I don't have a mechanical bone in my body!  So some of the most basic things are very difficult for me to get my arms around.  Want to negotiate a $500,000 deal, I'm your guy!  Want to hook up an electrical panel... Ahhhhhhh????????    I have made almost all of my structural parts, have had them welded and am now working on my electrical and have not a clue what I am doing at this point.  I am struggling with some of the most basic items (like finding the correct ampere meter) and for some reason have a mental block on how to proceed.  I really appreciate your response and will follow the link!

I am at the point where the red head has told me to "get that stupid thing done" and I am not going to question it!  With her recent permission, I have a renewed energy level and will be doing what ever possible so that I am testing in August!  So with that said, I am going to be asking a bunch of very basic, stupid questions!  I will do my best to go back through the archives as to not bog the group down with previous topics.

Hank... Any chance you will be making a journey to Spokane any time soon???

Thanks again everybody!!!  And with your help, and a little luck, I will be dragging my boat to the next Psubs convention on the east coats so you all can teach me how to dive it!

Bob