[PSUBS-MAILIST] FW: Escape with Steinke Hoods.

Alan James via Personal_Submersibles personal_submersibles at psubs.org
Thu Jan 15 16:13:26 EST 2015

If it takes 20 minutes to flood the submarine, then the first 10 minuteswill half fill the sub, at which point you will be at the equivalent of 33ft.So no problem of decompression sickness to this stage. It just getsexponentially worse as you continue to flood & the pressure differentialbetween inside & outside gets less making the filling slower.As Phil says, you need to add air for the last part.One of my worries is that you will blow your ear drumbs with no controlof the flood valve. Would be really good to have some sort of simulator program that toldyou what was happening at various depths & what the dangers ofnarcosis & decompression sickness were.Alan